Lime Application for
Hunterdon & Somerset County Lawns
Balance Your Lawn’s pH
Thriving, luxurious lawns require intentional care, routine maintenance, and an understanding of soil pH. Throughout the year, falling needles and other debris decompose and increase soil acidity. To rebalance soil pH, it is often necessary to apply lime in conjunction with fertilizers and other nutrients. Lime is typically applied during fall for optimal efficiency, since winter’s freezing and thawing process help it move through the soil. Additional treatments may be needed, however, depending upon the unique needs of your lawn.
Benefits of Liming Your Soil
The primary function of lime is not to treat the grass, itself, but to correct extreme soil acidity. In addition, professional lime applications offer a number of other benefits:
- Provide nutrients like calcium and magnesium, which are essential for successful lawn growth.
- Dilutes toxic metals like aluminum and iron. Heavy levels of these elements can slow growth.
- Helps plant absorb nutrients more efficiently when combined with a professional fertilization program.
- Restores beneficial bacteria that improve soil structure and moisture absorption.
- Limits weed growth and combats diseases that thrive in acidic soils.
Schedule NJ Lime Application
Lime application is a delicate process, and there are many types of lime available. Whole 9 Yards’ technicians can test your soil before recommending a liming treatment that balances soil pH and contributes to a vital, healthy lawn. Whole 9 Yards provides lime application as an individual service, or as part of your total landscape maintenance program. To learn more, call 908.788.7998 or submit an online service request. A Whole 9 landscape professional will be in touch promptly!